Simple RFID Overview
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for business owners & employees across the globe by minimizing time-intensive inventory processes with the power of technology. Using radio frequency identification (RFiD), we continue to create solutions & help businesses manage & protect their core investment: inventory & assets.
With our solution, users have the ability to perform rapid audits, track down missing items & have the framework to validate inventory movement across their supply chain. Armed with this data, companies can make buying & selling decisions with actionable insight, resulting in exponential growth & success.
BARCODE VS RFID
LIMITATIONS OF BARCODE TECHNOLOGY
- Scanning requires line of sight & items can only be counted one at a time
- Products with variants have the same printed barcode
- Items can be accidentally scanned twice or missed altogether, causing inaccurate inventory
- Infrequent audits are common due to the labor-intensive nature & associated costs
- Audits often require hiring additional staff to complete
- Audits can be disruptive to operations & are therefore performed during outside hours
- Data becomes progressively less accurate & reliable due to these inventory inaccuracies
- Items can be scanned without line of sight, while still in boxes, on racks & out of reach
- Count hundreds of items per second
- Every item is serialized allowing traceability from manufacturer to customer
- Tags act as a sensor & store data
- Eliminates human error
- Ability to count tags literally through walls
- Track & verify to the item level
- Perform audits as frequently as desired due to the speed & ease of counting
- Search & find missing items with the Simple RFiD app & handheld reader
- Track expiration dates, born dates, lot numbers, PO numbers & more on the item level
Via a cloud-hosted solution, SImple RFID eliminates the complexity often associated with implementing RFID technology. As an end-to-end solutions provider, we integrate with industry-leading RFID hardware, as well as offer the best performing RFID tags & labels for a contiguous solution.
3 REQUIRED ELEMENTS IN A COMPLETE RFID SOLUTION
- RFID Labels and/or Asset Tags
- Software & Mobile Application
RFID LABELS & ASSET TAGS
RFID labels contain a microchip & antenna which can be counted & identified remotely. Labels come in many shapes & sizes for different use cases & applications.
Other applications such as tagging electronics, equipment, tools, furniture, linens, etc., require the use of RFiD asset tags. These also come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes & materials depending on the intended use. These tags can be encoded using the Simple RFiD app & a handheld reader.
Required hardware includes a RFID enabled printer to print & encode the labels, as well as a RFID reader (handheld or fixed) to collect the data encoded in the labels.
SOFTWARE & MOBILE APP
We offer a cloud hosted software solution, & a mobile app available on Android & iOS to collect data, as well as a web application to configure printers & fixed readers.
We maintain out-of-the-box integrations with popular ecommerce & point of sale platforms including Shopify, Bigcommerce, Vend & the ERP system Fulfil. These pre-built integrations allow for rapid adoption & ROI.