- Must be read manually, one at a time.
- Scanners must have “line of sight” and be aligned correctly to read a barcode.
- Tags can be scanned twice, or missed completely.
- Doesn’t differentiate between two of the same product.
- Tags can’t be edited but must be reprinted and replaced.
- Unable to be read if image is damaged or printed poorly.
- Much easier to reproduce or counterfeit.
- Hundreds can be read per second simultaneously.
- Do not require “line of sight.”
- Have a serialized sensor for each item in your RFID inventory.
- Tags can be read, written to, and re-written/modified.
- Discreet and able to be embedded into packaging.
- Accepted by banks as a valid form of inventory accounting.
- Can be searched for via audio and visual cues.